Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day Four: Your Favorite Book.






In my sixteen years of age, I have read hundreds of books (I am not exaggerating). I've read plenty of well written books, poorly written books, exciting books, Eh-it-was-OK books,and heart-wrenching books. There have been few books where I've found myself sitting up in my fluffy, over sized bed clutching a book to my chest with tears streaming down my cheeks. In my opinion, those kinds of books are the best books to experience in life because they change your life. You will always look back on the times when you couldn't sleep because you were too interested in the characters. You will always remember the book that you LITERALLY couldn't put down on your bedside table because you HAD to read just ONE MORE page. I remember this book like I read it yesterday, even though I read it almost a year ago. I remember it because I opened the cover of the book on a bleak and rainy spring day, thinking (based on the cover-yes, I know. I did that. Shame on me. Serious shame.) that this one would just be another man-meets-woman-and-suddenly-they-fall-in-love romance novel that I would forget all details (or lack thereof) not even two weeks after finishing it. Not the case, not in the least. I had never read any of Charles Martin's novels, honestly I had never heard of him. I only picked up the book from the library because I was in the mood for a fluffy romance that made you wish you actually had a boyfriend. I was pleasantly surprised by how beautifully written this specific novel was, how deep it was, by how it succeeded in bringing tears to my eyes and by changing my life. Because that's what it did. Unwritten changed my life, if only for a moment. I would recommend this book to anyone.  







No comments:

Post a Comment