Friday, February 7, 2014

Day Six: What Musician Is Most Important To You.


 I don't find that the musician is very important to me, but their music is. This is a hard topic because I'm not into music the way some people are. I listen to music all the time, yes, but I'm not a "fan girl". I don't worship any one band. I listen to all types of music, except gospel. Gospel makes me want to book a plane ticket to New York, get in a taxi headed across the Brooklyn Bridge (that's in New York, right? I should know this.) and ask Mr. Taxi Man to stop when we've reached the half way point and jump. Just simply jump.
Now that I've expressed my feelings about gospel..
Music has never failed to make me feel better. Music is almost like watching a movie, or reading a book. It paints a picture in your mind that most people can't come up with on their own. Or maybe they can paint a certain picture, but music adds emotion to that picture. It adds feelings. If you're dreaming about shaking your tail feathers at a club in the early morning hours, without music it's really hard to picture it, and/or feel it. With music you could find yourself getting so into that dream that you find yourself twerking in the kitchen with your mom watching. (2 Reasons by Trey Songz : Listen responsibly.)
Or you could be like me and picture funerals. Just the thought probably wouldn't make you sad, but you add a sad song and you'll be bawling your eyes out by the time the chorus is over. Oh, and don't judge me for daydreaming about people dying. I'm a complicated person OKAY.
Music has gotten me through some of the hardest times in my life. I would hate to see where I would be without music. Some people have friends to get them through rough patches. I don't have friends, I have music. A few songs that have kept me from putting a bullet in my head are:

Little House by Amanda Seyfried
Boston by Augustana
Skinny Love by Birdy
Sing For Me by Christina Aguilera
Breath Of Life by Florence + The Machine
Coming Home by Gwyneth Paltrove
Back In Black by AC/DC
Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey
Electric Feel by MGMT
Teenagers by My Chemical Romance
Write Your Name by Yelawolf
Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Smoking In The Boys Room by Motley Crue
And ANYTHING by Usher. He's my man.

No comments:

Post a Comment